Saturday, July 24, 2010

No Trips Without A Tripper Tarot Card



Another of my favorite cards from Morgan's Tarot. No Trips Without A Tripper is a nice "get up and do" kind of card, which, cheerful positivist that I can be, reflects one of my basic beliefs. Actions, I believe, do speak louder than words.

Morgan's words on this card are, as ever, wonderful:

"Sorry, but if you don't do it, it won't happen. Most ego trips require some sort of ego.

Strictly speaking, the tripper is not separate from the trip."

Translate that to "what we do is never separate from who we are." (Another famous version of this one: Galatians: 6:7).

When this comes up for me in a reading, I always advise my client to pay attention to their works. If you want to have a garden, start digging. If you want to have a relationship, turn off the computer and meet people. If you want more money, work harder or go to school. If you want to be an artist, go make art.

I, of course, am not saying that if we want to create endless success, that we can do so with positive thoughts. Come on. I still pay attention to realities of race, class, sex, orientation, ability, age and culture/language. When I wanted to have a baby, no amount of positive thought could open up my fallopian tubes, for example. On the other hand, when I moved to adoption as my trip, 3 kids followed.

And obviously where this card shows up in a reading matters, but in general, when you draw it, look to action and behavior. The best spellcasting is doing every possible action you can for a desired end. Tripping, after all, is a verb.

No comments:

Post a Comment